Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
PC World's Top 10 PDA in Fall 2005

PC World has published a comparison chart of its current Top 10 PDAs. We applaud the fact that the magazine uses two different categories for Palm and Windows-mobile handheld devices. Let's leave it up to the fans to fight for which platform is the "better" one!

In the Windows Mobile category, the Dell Axim X50v top-ranked with its dedicated Intel 2700g graphics chip. Among Palm handhelds, the Palm Tungsten T5 hit the first spot even before the newer Palm LifeDrive, thanks to the lower price, its brilliant screen and the whopping 256MB of nonvolatile flash memory.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Interesting read.

However, after reading their reviews, I find that I disagree with their reviewer. The Dell Axim x50v I can't fault. It's arguably the best device out there. However. I find it humorous that the reviewer of the hx2755 had so much trouble. Point in fact: She (Laura?) had trouble figuring out if the power button in the upper right was suppsoed to be pressed or flipped. Also, she had a lot of issues getting the biometric fingerprint reader to recognize her right index. In and of itself, I can see that happening.

But the overall flavor of this is that She picked up the device for 30 minutes, and then wrote a review. With how much I differ on what she wrote, I'm back to the same conclusion I've had for PC World that I've had for some time.

It's crap journalism, due to inconsistent and only superficial reporting.
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert