Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Arcticnick
ArcticNick
Arcticnick began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC
I love my 505 so much that once or twice I have...

Occasionally I have been so absorbed reading that when I get to the bottom of the page, instead of pressing the 'turn page' button, I have actually turned the device over, instead.
Could that be a sign of early-onset oldness, or is it, perhaps, only an indication of good design?
Arcticnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticnick View Post
Occasionally I have been so absorbed reading that when I get to the bottom of the page, instead of pressing the 'turn page' button, I have actually turned the device over, instead.
Could that be a sign of early-onset oldness, or is it, perhaps, only an indication of good design?
I don't know, but that is a great anecdote.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Arcticnick. I have my Cybook for just over a year now. When I become absorbed in a book I still occasionally attempt to turn the page as I would normally turn the page of a paperback. It still makes me give a little smile to myself when I do it. It's been such an automatic genture for so long anyway. Continue to enjoy your Sony505

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Arcticnick
ArcticNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
Arcticnick. I have my Cybook for just over a year now. When I become absorbed in a book I still occasionally attempt to turn the page as I would normally turn the page of a paperback. It still makes me give a little smile to myself when I do it. It's been such an automatic genture for so long anyway. Continue to enjoy your Sony505

Slan
Mag.
Thanks Mag.
I have to admit to being highy amused whenever I flip the page.
It's good to know that I am not the only one who does it.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just wait till you try to press the page turn button of a pBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Arcticnick
ArcticNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hadn't thought of that but I can't wait to try.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I've done it.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've done this more than once. I keep staring at the page, waving my finger next to the book, searching for the page turn button. I always feel like an idiot after that.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Reminds me of my college days - the VCR had recently been invented, and I kept trying to fast forward the TV even when it was a live show. (looooonnnng before TiVO!)

My roommate of the day would always see me doing this and say something I've always remembered:

"You can't fast forward reality!"
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
It can get worse - I went to a movie, Benjamin Button, I kept raising my hand to forward through the movie about a dozen times.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I've tried to turn the page on my 505 many times. Also, I have a zippered case for the 505, and tonight before I zipped it up, I started to insert a paper bookmark into it! My excuse is that I had just finished reading a pbook about 30 minutes earlier. Old habits do die hard sometimes!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #12
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
You started to sleep with your Reader yet? :-)
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #13
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
It can get worse - I went to a movie, Benjamin Button, I kept raising my hand to forward through the movie about a dozen times.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #14
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
You started to sleep with your Reader yet? :-)
Pepak, please...this is a family forum. What you do with your reader in the privacy of your own home is your business.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I have only had my Hanlin for 4 weeks after 4+ years of reading on pocket pcs. Now and again I still try to go to the next page by touching the screen with my finger.
I listen to lots of audiobooks on my mp3 player and I try to rewind the radio sometimes.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote