Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
LRF viewer

Hi David K.,
I tried opening this book with the LRF viewer, and got an error.
Granted the book is very large (11MB), but it opens fine on my Sony reader with it's low specs (a little slow, but still ok).

But on my laptop, the LRF viewer uses up more then 2GB of RAM, and slowed down my whole pc.

would you mind looking into the issue?

It would also be nice to be able to have LRF viewer scale a bit. My laptop has a 1280x800 screen (like many out there), and the LRF Viewer displays exactly 800 pix vertical; which leaves me with a part that does not fit on the screen.
Since the text resolution appears quite large on my laptop, perhaps a simple zoom function can reduce the overall window size?

And as a last favor, I would like to ask if it is possible to put an option to read 2 pages per screen in LRF viewer.
That way my whole screen is better used.

Otherwise thanks for making this program and calibre available!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's LRF viewer is not meant as a general purpose ebook viewer. It's written only to debug LRF conversion conveniently. If you want to use calibre to read ebooks (and many people do) switch the output format to epub and use the epub viewer. It will take care of all you concerns
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert