Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
tracy90245
tracy90245 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Mobipocket and Kindle 2

Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit. Please let me know- Thank you!
tracy90245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
All of those ebooks are already available through the Kindle store. Last time I checked they were free, too.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy90245 View Post
Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit. Please let me know- Thank you!
Hello, tracy and welcome to MobileRead.

First, are you sure you want all those 3000 books? You might want to scroll thru the list and just pick the ones your would like to read.

We probably have most of them here, better formatted, and ready for your K.

Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy90245 View Post
Mobipocket has an ebook with 3000 classic books and I need to know if something like this is compatible with the Kindle 2? Also since it is such a large file would I be able to transfer only parts of it to my Kindle as it is too large to fit.
If this is a single ebook, then it probably has DRM (encryption) which prevents it being used "as is" on the Kindle. You can use mobidedrm to strip the DRM, but this is generally thought to be illegal in the US (although doing so for personal use on ebooks you bought harms no one).

If it is a single ebook, then it will need to be copied in its entirety to the Kindle.

Mobipocket.com has individual free ebooks, which I think are also DRM-free (and will therefore work on the Kindle), but there are better copies of all of them from other sources.

If you are in range of whispernet there there are a couple of ebook catalogues that allow you to download a classic ebook when you want to read it, see Free content for your Kindle via Whispernet. MobileRead and FeedBooks are the best, but otherwise a good source for thousands of ebooks is manybooks.net.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Kindle II can't hold 3000 books..you better just download the ones you wish to read
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
MN Reader
MN Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Three thousand books is a lot. I have downloaded about 25 which also includes some complete works of.... I will have lots to read including a daily newspaper (if they stay in business) and The New Yorker.
MN Reader is offline   Reply With Quote