Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Unboxing photos and video from Crunchgear

Crunchgear posted their set of unboxing photos and video. I think unboxing is one of the most exciting experience when buying a new product. So, I am adding a spoiler warning here.

For originial article with more photos, please refer to the following link.
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/02/24...le-2-unboxing/

Hmm, these photos and video make me want to participate in Kindle 2 giveaway.

Last edited by soilwork; 02-24-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Incorrect youtube link
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nice video. You can actually see the chapter hash marks in the progress bar on this also.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Seant018
Enthusiast
Seant018 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Wow, that is awesome looking! I wish he would have showed the Kindle 2 inside the case during the video. I saw the picture of it down at the bottom, but I wanted more of an idea about how it looked in the case.
Seant018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, the pictures of the books looks so much nicer too. And, the joystick selector seemed to move very fast. Well, faster than I expected.

I MUST order NOW!

No, I must stay strong.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, the pictures of the books looks so much nicer too. And, the joystick selector seemed to move very fast. Well, faster than I expected.

I MUST order NOW!

No, I must stay strong.

BOb
Good luck Bob. Gadget lust got the better of me yesterday and I pulled the trigger on it. Now if UPS would just show up I can play around this evening, but I'm beginning to think my delivery will be rescheduled for tomorrow.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Good luck Bob. Gadget lust got the better of me yesterday and I pulled the trigger on it. Now if UPS would just show up I can play around this evening, but I'm beginning to think my delivery will be rescheduled for tomorrow.
Good for you. Now please go to the poll.......(only if you haven't already?)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Did anyone else notice they didn't include that clever Kindle "book box" included in the Original?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle box.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	24319  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
The next time we have a Georgia meetup, I'll be expecting you to bring all your glorious gadgets so I can play. And no last minute business trips allowed...

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote