Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
taspool
taspool began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Trouble trying to donate to Calibre

Usually I don't have trouble spending money, but donating to Calibre is proving a problem for me.

After seeing what an excellent program it is, and getting some help and advice on problems from other users and a developer ("user_none"), I've been trying to donate, without success. If I click on the donate icon in the program or taskbar link, then after a couple of steps it takes me to my paypal logon in Firefox, and then Firefox crashes whilst logging on. If I log onto paypal first, I can get in okay without Firefox crashing, but there is no apparent link to which money can be sent.

Pleas help me give you some money.
taspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try the link on http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net (it's a little orange button in the top right corner)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
kovid... why not just give use your paypal account address here. You could obfuscate it with http://www.albionresearch.com/misc/obfuscator.php

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A good idea

My paypal email is

kovid at kovidgoyal. net

Though I suspect taspool has a problem using paypal with his browser
Old 02-22-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
taspool
taspool began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try the link on http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net (it's a little orange button in the top right corner)
Yes, worked fine from there. I haven't previously had trouble with paypal in this fashion, but obviously something on my pc disagreed with he program link.

Anyway, happy to donate, and I look forward to seeing the success of Calibre grow in the future.

Regards, Greg
taspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, the donation is much appreciated.