Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Telcoman
Telcoman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question Looking for cheap hard case

My PRS-505 is on its way. ;-)

Because I read a lot of PDF files, also at work, I would like to carry the PRS in my messenger bag. However, I am afraid I will damage it as there is no protected sleeve in my bag (there is one, but I need that for my laptop).

Any suggestions for a hard case? Some mention the tin-case:

http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/a...g/CD_Tins.html

But I am not sure the PRS will fit in when it's protecte with the tan cover.

Thanks!!!
Telcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
You can make your own for under $10 that is extremely sturdy. Mine has served me well carrying my reader in a stuffed backpack that gets tossed around a bit.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcoman View Post

Because I read a lot of PDF files, also at work, I would like to carry the PRS in my messenger bag. However, I am afraid I will damage it as there is no protected sleeve in my bag (there is one, but I need that for my laptop).

Thanks!!!

I believe I mentioned it here.

I don't have a tanned cover, I have a black cover and it perfectly fits in.
I think tanned and black covers are absolutely identical (besides colour difference)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
Telcoman
Telcoman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I believe I mentioned it here.

I don't have a tanned cover, I have a black cover and it perfectly fits in.
I think tanned and black covers are absolutely identical (besides colour difference)
Thanks Astra, that solved my problem! Now I have to find a store for these with reasonable delivery rates...
Telcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Thanks Astra, that solved my problem! Now I have to find a store for these with reasonable delivery rates...
You are welcome.

Make sure it is as big as 195mm X 140mm X 15mm
15mm is very important.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Arcticnick
ArcticNick
Arcticnick began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC
Quote:

Thanks!!!
I just followed this link to Maplins and found a very nice tin which was the perfect size and cost just 89 pence. Trouble was the delivery cost 48 Euros! Needless to say I decided it was not so good!
Arcticnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
If you're in North America, this site ( http://www.effectuality.com/store/it...tore/us/lng/en ) appears to have the same DVD tin.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote