Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Calibre said couldn't convert DRM, but Mobipocket Creator did - is this right?

I was converting a bunch of html books last night, but I had several that were only available in Adobe. When I tried to convert them in Calibre, I got an error message saying I had to remove DRM first. Just for fun, I tried to convert them in Mobipocket Creator, and I had no problem.

I suspected Mobi converted the files leaving DRM intact, except that I never entered a PIN to download the Adobe files. Is this just a glitch with Calibre and Mobi and Adobe (I know Mobi is beta).

Just wondering. Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
To be clear, when you say Adobe you mean EPUB files? And when you tried to convert them to MOBI in calibre you got a DRM error, whereas they converted fine using Mobipocket Creator?

If that is the case, open a ticket on the calibre website and attach one of these EPUB files to it, and I'll take a look.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Ok, I will try to figure out how to do that. Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just register and log in then go to http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/newticket
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I was just about to post the same problem. I have a PDF book that has a permissions password (so you can't copy/paste/edit), but not a document open password. Mobipocket Creator converts it fine, although I was hoping Calbre would do a better job with the TOC and the paragraph formatting. Perhaps Mobipocket Creator *shouldn't* be converting this file, but... it would be great if Calibre did.

Ticket filed: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/1821

Last edited by sirbruce; 02-10-2009 at 09:22 PM.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert