Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 03:27 AM   #1
evapaula
Junior Member
evapaula began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: tolino vision color
newbie question - 218 epubs not imported properly - why?

Hi there,
I started two days ago to manage all my epubs I collected over the years and because I have a device since one month (a tolino). I have 609 files in a folder and tried to import them to a new calibre library. But 218 books were not properly imported. I find them now in a folder "Unbekannt" (unknown) and if I click on the book to open it in calibre, it says the book has no format (if I translate it right from german, sorry). But these are "normal" epubs, I can open them on my device or in MacOS Books. What can I do now?
Sorry, I am a little bit lost here. Thank you!
evapaula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 46,536
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
They arent normal epubs they are folders whose name ends with the .epub extension that is how apple chose to store epubs on disk for some weird reason.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #3
evapaula
Junior Member
evapaula began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: tolino vision color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
They arent normal epubs they are folders whose name ends with the .epub extension that is how apple chose to store epubs on disk for some weird reason.
These 218 not-properly imported ebooks are all epubs that I can import, read and open in MacOS Books, on the Tolino as well and in other ebook-readers. I have never bought a single ebook via Apple, I have other sources. And I know that Apple stores them differently. From my perspective there is nothing wrong with these epub-files. What might other reasons they are the not imported to calibre? And what can I do now? Start from scratch?

Last edited by evapaula; Today at 05:59 AM.
evapaula is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calibre Reads all newly imported Epubs as same book mixdcrysy Calibre 7 01-16-2018 05:46 PM
Newbie question: download epubs directly from the internet into koreader camifran KOReader 2 02-26-2017 02:19 PM
Newbie question about reading epubs online pittendrigh General Discussions 31 11-14-2016 09:29 PM
Greek not displaying properly in Calibre-created epubs Priscillux Recipes 3 11-13-2011 04:40 PM
PRS-500 Newbie ??? Using HACK Builder properly gardenstate Sony Reader Dev Corner 3 10-04-2007 07:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.