Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #1
vermontcathy
Groupie
vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 160
Karma: 630876
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: vermont
Device: Colorsoft, K3, K4, Oasis
K3 fails update from 3.2.1 to 3.3, wifi weirdness

I wasn't sure if this is a "developer" issue or not, so I did also post in the main kindle thread. If this is a good place to post, let me know and I'll delete the other post.

I refurbish K3s as a hobby - I like keeping them out of a landfill. So this isn't my first rodeo. But this K3 has me stuck. It's a B008 on 3.2.1. I have the update Update_kindle_3.3_B008.bin , copy it to the kindle, update, and first it says the update was successful, then it reboots, then it says again that it's updating, says "stage 1 of 2" in the bottom right corner, then says the update failed, reboots, and is still on 3.2.1

I factory reset it and have the same problem.

One other odd thing is that when I try to connect to wifi (I know I can't register it, but connecting to wifi once is sometimes needed to get sort order by most recent to work), the wifi networks all seem to be missing the first and last characters! For instance, if my wifi is MyHomeWifi, what I see listed is "yHomeWif". And it won't connect (even though I'm putting in the right password).

I always update to 3.4.3 because if someone who buys it wants to jailbreak it, that's what they'll need. And I actually sell some already jailbroken. So I'll have to say in my eBay listing that I can't seem to update it.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #2
vermontcathy
Groupie
vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 160
Karma: 630876
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: vermont
Device: Colorsoft, K3, K4, Oasis
One update. I noticed the option on the wifi page to type in the wifi name so I typed in the full name and it did connect to wifi. But that didn't help - update still fails. I did catch a code in the bottom left corner of the screen, when it says the update was not successful - U006.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PW Kindle Paperwhite – Update to 5.6.1.1 fails (reboots, no update) Sohaib Kindle Developer's Corner 3 04-05-2026 03:28 PM
Wifi fails to connect after changing router (Libra 2) [SOLVED] Lukusaukko KOReader 0 07-10-2024 05:45 AM
Wifi connection fails on KPW 2 franknarf Amazon Kindle 6 04-29-2014 09:54 PM
Post-7/31 update ghosting weirdness jakeluck Sony Reader 3 08-07-2007 11:06 PM
Post-update battery weirdness bingle Sony Reader 218 08-01-2007 03:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.