Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #1
vermontcathy
Groupie
vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vermontcathy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 160
Karma: 630876
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: vermont
Device: Colorsoft, K3, K4, Oasis
Problem updating K3 from 3.2.1 to 3.3, strange wifi issue

I refurbish K3s as a hobby - I like keeping them out of a landfill. So this isn't my first rodeo. But this K3 has me stuck. It's a B008 on 3.2.1. I have the update Update_kindle_3.3_B008.bin , copy it to the kindle, update, and first it says the update was successful, then it reboots, then it says again that it's updating, says "stage 1 of 2" in the bottom right corner, then says the update failed, reboots, and is still on 3.2.1

I factory reset it and have the same problem.

One other odd thing is that when I try to connect to wifi (I know I can't register it, but connecting to wifi once is sometimes needed to get sort order by most recent to work), the wifi networks all seem to be missing the first and last characters! For instance, if my wifi is MyHomeWifi, what I see listed is "yHomeWif". And it won't connect (even though I'm putting in the right password).

I always update to 3.4.3 because if someone who buys it wants to jailbreak it, that's what they'll need. And I actually sell some already jailbroken. So I'll have to say in my eBay listing that I can't seem to update it.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Updating to 2.15 issue dseils Devices 1 01-03-2015 07:07 AM
Updating by Wifi causes a freeze Corpsegoddess Kobo Reader 4 09-24-2012 10:32 PM
strange issue of KT dir194 Kindle Developer's Corner 27 08-13-2012 08:18 PM
903 Screen updating issue mtt PocketBook Developer's Corner 0 10-21-2011 02:05 PM
Classic Is anyone having an issue with The Daily not updating? Gabey8 Barnes & Noble NOOK 6 06-04-2010 01:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.