Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 06:12 PM   #1
3gnome
Junior Member
3gnome began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2026
Device: Kindle
[Plugin] AnkiKoFlash + TagBankHighlightSync — highlights to Anki cards and an Obsidia

[Plugin] AnkiKoFlash + TagBankHighlightSync — highlights to Anki cards and an Obsidian quote library

AnkiKoFlash + TagBankHighlightSync — two KOReader plugins that turn reading into study material.

I built these as a personal project. I'm a reader, not a professional developer, so these were written with AI.

I read on an e-ink device (Kindle running KOReader) and wanted my highlights to become Anki cards and an organized quote library automatically, instead of copy-pasting everything later. These two plugins do that together.

They work for me and I tried testing for bugs for a few months of use. I am sure real programmers will find there are many improvements to be made. I couldn't find alternatives that matched what I wanted, thus I decided to take a swing.

AnkiKoFlash — turns KOReader highlights into Anki flashcards:

Vocabulary Card — long-press a word or highlight text and it builds a card from two separate StarDict dictionaries: the definition plus an offline etymology field, along with the surrounding passage and source.
Memorization Card — LPCG-style overlapping step cards plus an optional full-recitation card, great for poetry and prose, organized into Memorize::Book:age subdecks.
One-tap send — skip the prompts and push straight to your default deck over Wi-Fi via AnkiConnect, with optional AnkiWeb sync.
Save only mode — a hub-menu toggle to build cards offline with no network attempt when you're away from your Anki PC; cards wait in My Cards until you send.
Duplicate/timeout reconciliation and atomic, crash-safe local storage.
Repo: https://github.com/3gnome/AnkiKoFlash.koplugin
Releases: https://github.com/3gnome/AnkiKoFlash.koplugin/releases
TagBankHighlightSync — tags, syncs, and exports your highlights:

Tag individual highlights with a folder hierarchy and parent tags.
Sync and merge annotations across devices over cloud storage (WebDAV, Dropbox, and other Cloud storage+ providers).
Export a tagged quote library for Obsidian and other Markdown tools (library/quotes/, tags/, books/).
Sync progress with cancel, a concurrent-sync guard, and a tag-bank integrity check.
Repo: https://github.com/3gnome/tagbankhighlightsync.koplugin
Releases: https://github.com/3gnome/tagbankhig...lugin/releases

Last edited by 3gnome; Today at 06:12 PM. Reason: Title truncated
3gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anki Viewer plugin for KOReader omerfaruq KOReader 0 12-08-2025 01:32 PM
I developed a plugin for reviewing highlights and notes anki-style MrBrumaire KOReader 9 07-14-2025 02:52 AM
Plugin for readers dictionary - create flash card to anki Publius Ovidius Development 2 04-23-2020 10:43 AM
Android Anki Flash Card Program - syncs stats and cards to all other platforms miklos.klaar enTourage Archive 0 09-09-2010 02:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.