|
|
#1 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 87
Karma: 4102
Join Date: Jun 2018
Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen) - 6", OnePlus 9RT - MoonReader Pro
|
Import and push txt based highlights in a book jailbroken kindle
I have the same EPUB book in Moon+ Reader and on my Kindle Paperwhite. The EPUB on the jailbroken Kindle was uploaded through Send to Kindle.
I previously read the book in Moon+ Reader and have a large number of highlights, which I exported from Moon+ Reader as a TXT/notepad file. The export contains the actual text of each highlighted passage, but obviously does not contain Kindle locations. Is there any way to take the highlighted passages from the Moon+ Reader TXT file, automatically search/match each passage against the same book on the Kindle, and recreate them as highlights at the corresponding positions? Ideally, I would like them to become native Kindle highlights. Since the book text is the same, I'm wondering whether a script/tool could read each highlighted passage from the Moon+ Reader export, then find the identical text in the Kindle book. Then, determine the start/end position of that passage. Then ceate a native Kindle annotation/highlight at that position. I'm mainly interested in preserving a large existing collection of highlights without manually highlighting every passage again. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 6,116
Karma: 107552269
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: pb360
|
It looks like the seeds for that are here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=30 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=322172&page=3 but I have no experience with it, and the two github repositories show no activity for 3 years. I happened to do a little digging recently, and it looks like there is no standard for for EPUB highlighting, so whatever Moon+ does is likely to be specific to Moon+. |
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| K4 Mac or PC Import kindle highlights to mac version | Half Baked | Amazon Kindle | 1 | 10-24-2021 10:40 AM |
| import kindle highlights | Gianni | KOReader | 2 | 08-23-2019 04:01 PM |
| How to access Highlights/Clippings.txt without access to Kindle? | Paperwhitey | Amazon Kindle | 7 | 03-27-2018 08:14 AM |
| Exporting highlights into a TXT document | hopper8 | Marvin | 1 | 01-03-2015 06:19 PM |
| Getting highlights on personal docs from Kindle apps onto Kindle's "My Clippings.txt" | jollino | Amazon Kindle | 4 | 02-25-2014 12:30 PM |