|
|
#1 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() Posts: 66
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In a city that is Real (for real)
Device: KPW SE 12
|
Kindle Previewer 4.0.1 and size of kpf files
Hi all,
Does anyone know why the new (for me) version of Kindle Previewer (4.0.1; MacBook Air M1 16/512) produces larger kpf files than the previous version? I converted an ePub using the previous version and it was 2.5 Mb, whereas the same ePub converted using version 4 of Kindle Previewer is 3.7 Mb. TIA (It is kpf, not kfx, excuse me!) Last edited by troubledMan; Yesterday at 12:49 PM. Reason: wrong file type |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 7,434
Karma: 96111109
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Device: Kindles
|
I haven’t compared file sizes with 4.0.1, but with the latest version 4.0.2 the KPF files I see are essentially the same size as those produced by version 3.107.
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() Posts: 66
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In a city that is Real (for real)
Device: KPW SE 12
|
I’ve just installed version 4.0.2 and carried out some more tests. Depending on the ePub, the issue I encountered still persists: the resulting KPF file produced by version 4 is larger than the one obtained with KP version 3. But only in some cases: as I’m comparing text-only ePubs (excluding the cover), I imagine this difference must be related to the type of image used on the cover; I can’t think of any other explanation. In most cases, as you say, the size is the same. Thank you.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Bricked kindle after adding KFX files | Pjama | Amazon Kindle | 37 | 07-19-2024 02:41 PM |
| uploading kfx files for kindle | lumpynose | Feedback | 0 | 08-17-2019 06:08 PM |
| how to download azw3 and azw6 files rather than kfx files in Amazon Kindle Stores? | lucloudsir | Kindle Formats | 5 | 10-31-2018 07:42 AM |
| Problem with using Kindle Previewer 2.4 to convert epub files | emslondon | Kindle Formats | 4 | 04-26-2012 05:31 PM |
| Kindle Previewer Not Opening Mobi Files | Dark123 | Amazon Kindle | 3 | 12-06-2010 07:47 AM |