|
|
#1 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,652
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
Books failing to convert
As part of my library management process, I run an epub>epub conversion. I have a couple of books that fail this because of a too large internal component which fails to split (no obvious point to split at).
What's the best way to manage this? There's no option in the editor to 'manually' split the too-large file. As far as I can see, I would have to duplicate the file and cut them to size. If I did that, what else do I need to do in the editor? (Sorry if this is more of an editor question; feel free to move it if it is.) |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
creator of calibre
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 46,520
Karma: 29634066
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
|
Turn off splitting in the EPUB Output section of the conversion dialog. And the editor most definitely has a manual split option, click the split button below the preview and then simply click inside the preview wherever you want the split to hapen and the editor will take care of the rest.
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,175
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Make sure each HTML is a separate chapter/section (such as cover, title page, copyright, etc.) and then do your conversion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,652
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
Found the split bit, but it still won't let me split the file. I think the issue is that it's hundreds of linked notes and references, set up as separate tables for each chapter in the book. You can't split within the tables nor between the tables.
Still, I managed to convert the book. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| ebook-convert - text to epub conversion failing | flink | Conversion | 0 | 06-23-2017 06:03 AM |
| Calibre now failing to convert Kindle books | stripeycat | Conversion | 2 | 01-11-2013 03:35 PM |
| Some epubs failing to convert | piperclassique | Conversion | 1 | 06-12-2012 11:39 AM |
| CBR convert to EPUB failing. | skullmonger | Conversion | 1 | 02-08-2011 09:33 AM |