|
|
#1 |
|
Compulsive Gadget Geek
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 422
Karma: 4219324
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Central Virginia
Device: Some Kindles, some Kobos and now a Penstar eNote Pro too
|
New Kindles today
https://www.engadget.com/2274300/ama...els-late-2026/
https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/dev...le-lineup-2026 Last edited by NNolan; Today at 11:26 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Compulsive Gadget Geek
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 422
Karma: 4219324
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Central Virginia
Device: Some Kindles, some Kobos and now a Penstar eNote Pro too
|
Interesting that the remote page turner is bluetooth. They must have redone the Kindle software because bluetooth only worked with speakers before now. Since it looks like the Kobo remote the Kobo remote might actually work with Kindle now.
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,764
Karma: 76232547
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PDXish
Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
|
I thought one of the draws of the Signature Edition was wireless charging. That doesn't appear to be mentioned any longer, so did they remove that? I didn't think it was compatible with aluminum cases, which is why so many phones are now glass front and back.
First thoughts, its nice to have an option for page turn buttons (although at $80 for the case, ouch) Every generation, I'm still glad I got a Voyage when I did. I bought a like-new backup (with the origami case) last year even just in case I break mine. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
o saeclum infacetum
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 22,205
Karma: 241002891
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Device: Mini, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, PW4, PW5
|
I’ve got upgrade offers on the lineup; they amount to the 20% you’d get for a trade-in but you get to keep your device and don’t have the hassle. Of course you don’t get the gift card either, which might or might not make it worth your while.
What strikes me is that at the discounted prices on the Paperwhite, it’s probably worth upgrading to the SE because you lose the lockscreen ads which would cost an additional $20 making the SE only $20 more expensive. AND, the upgrade offer doesn’t apply to the ad-free Paperwhite, which tells me that Amazon are nudging people to make this call. If I were going to jump, and I’m not, I’d get the SE. The prices of the accessories are insane. My bottom line: my current Kindles are adequate to my needs. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 5,284
Karma: 20000412
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Device: Scribe Colorsoft, PW, Oasis, 6, Kobo Elipsa2e, Libra Colour/2, ClaraBW
|
I noticed no offers yet for free three months of KU. I like that as it helps offset the cost as I am a KU user
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 5,284
Karma: 20000412
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Device: Scribe Colorsoft, PW, Oasis, 6, Kobo Elipsa2e, Libra Colour/2, ClaraBW
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 770
Karma: 2825929
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno
Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
|
David @ Tablet Tech has a You Tube video out that gives you an extensive look at the new Kindle lineup. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post it, but perhaps someone else can do that.
Jim |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Today's Amazon tech event. All Alexa, no Kindles. | quatermass | Amazon Kindle | 12 | 10-11-2018 11:16 PM |
| Australia 30% off all kindles today last day | applesauce | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 1 | 10-02-2015 05:08 AM |
| Amazon Kindles are 15% off today, 11/4/2013 | ProfCrash | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 24 | 11-07-2013 01:28 AM |
| Infinite Jest is $1.93 for [US] Kindles today [July 4] | holymadness | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 5 | 07-05-2013 04:48 AM |
| Kindles on Woot today for $150 - SOLD OUT | starrigger | News | 12 | 07-01-2010 07:02 PM |