Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #1
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
fduniho's Avatar
 
Posts: 202
Karma: 9743620
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: New York State, USA
Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Kindles losing text mode for magazines

I have been subscribed to Kindle Unlimited mainly for magazines, but it has recently been making some changes to how it handles magazines. First, it stopped adding new issues of the magazines I was reading. Since I was behind in my magazine reading, this didn't immediately affect me. Just a few days ago, it removed all the magazine issues I hadn't already downloaded. Although it did still give me the ability to download issues I hadn't read yet, the deal breaker was that the new issues I downloaded could not be read in text mode, which displays each article like text in a book. They could be read only in the magazine page view, which displays the page as it looks in the magazine. Since my Scribe's screen is a bit smaller than an actual magazine page, this is not ideal, and the text is significantly smaller than I had been reading it at. Losing text mode for magazines is going to discourage me from reading more magazines on my Kindle. Since the books I have been reading on KU do not really justify the cost by themselves, I am going to let my KU subscription expire.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Dr. Drib's Avatar
 
Posts: 46,299
Karma: 61420445
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Peru
Device: KINDLE: Oasis 3, Scribe (1st), Matcha; KOBO: Libra 2, Libra Colour
What magazines were you speaking of?

Side-bar:
On ebook PDFs (not magazines) that are a bit larger than my original Scribe, I just enlarge it somewhat. I may have to scroll down a bit, to finish reading the page. A nuisance, sure, but feasible.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Today at 05:47 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Night mode: Background image losing transparency nqk KOReader 0 03-01-2025 11:28 AM
Older Kindles losing store access in August jhowell Amazon Kindle 114 07-29-2023 04:44 AM
Pdf to html without losing text over image MadTom Conversion 1 11-14-2013 09:41 AM
g cover image without losing first page of text fictionaddiction Conversion 1 07-22-2011 02:27 PM
Kind of magazines mode? lanark Calibre 4 11-03-2010 03:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.