Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2026, 02:34 PM   #1
cbo
Junior Member
cbo began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Device: lightreadr
Lightreadr

Hi folks,

I wanted to share a personal project I’ve been building for iOS called LightReadr and hopefully get some feedback from the power users here.

I wanted an iOS reader that I could listen to in the car, with a natural sounding voice. Without needing a constant internet connection or paying a monthly fee.

Check it out, I'd love to hear any feedback you may have:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lightreadr/id6795949260
cbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:27 AM   #2
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
GeckoFriend's Avatar
 
Posts: 621
Karma: 1164945
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, California, USA
Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I tried your app and like it's simplicity (and that it's free!). One feature I use daily and need is a sleep timer. If you add that I would rate it five stars.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #3
cbo
Junior Member
cbo began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2026
Device: lightreadr
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I tried your app and like it's simplicity (and that it's free!). One feature I use daily and need is a sleep timer. If you add that I would rate it five stars.
Thanks GeckoFriend. I really appreciate the feedback.

Were you able to get narration working, did it sound smooth?

For the sleep timer, I can add that feature, but I've never heard of it. I imagine after you set it, when it's narrating to you, the app turns off on it's own? How do you think it would it work for you?
cbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.