Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM   #1
kiran
Junior Member
kiran began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
[Plugin] Favourites Menu for Settings

Hi guys, just thought I'd pop in here and post the new plugin I've released. It's a favourites bar at the top that lets you pin settings/plugins/menus in one easy-to-access place.

The plugin can be found here

Installation instructions can be found in the readme, but the easiest way is to just git clone the repository into the ../.adds/koreader/plugins directory.

Plugins can be added by selecting 'Add a favourite' in the new menu icon, and selecting the checkbox next to a setting. Submeus can be added to favourites the same way, except you enter the menu and select the checkbox at the top.
kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #2
jlinear
Zealot
jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlinear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 147
Karma: 1000036
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Elipsa 2E
I just installed your plugin. It's similar to Applauncher but gets you further down into the menu structure which I like. Some quick observations: I was adding a few Quick actions and noticed I had to restart KOReader before they would show up. Perhaps I am missing something, but after adding Quick actions while in reader mode (Gesture overview, History, etc.) they did nothing. Is there something else I need to do to activate them? They work fine in my own QuickMenus. I find this a very useful plugin which I will likely keep installed.
jlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #3
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Gormagon's Avatar
 
Posts: 189
Karma: 5078396
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Klopstokia
Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro, Viwoods AIPaper Reader, various NXTPAPER
Nice plugin, which hopefully will reduce the click through marathon for more often used settings.

I found the selected items of the QuickMenu in the list of the favourite items. The options under QuickMenu position did nothing for me. I wonder what it should look like. Maybe kiran could add some screenshots here or on his github site.
I also would prefer if you could add a normal release on github. That makes it easier to follow up on updates. Plus I first downloaded the zip of all the files and put that in the KOReader plugin folder. Of course I forgot to rename the folder (and delete the "-main" part) and wondered why the plugin didn't appeared in the list of user plugins. After renaming the plugin appeared eventually.
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #4
kiran
Junior Member
kiran began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2025
Device: Kobo Clara BW & Libra Colour
Cheers for the suggestion guys - I’m fairly busy over the next few days but I’ll take a look and update here once they’ve been made.
kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] Favourites Menu kiwidude Plugins 121 07-06-2026 11:23 AM
Aura One Settings Menu Schypha Kobo Reader 5 01-31-2020 04:48 AM
Favourites plugin (or one of its "members") crashing Calibre 1.5 and 1.6 Katsunami Plugins 21 12-17-2013 11:27 PM
Multiple Windows users: their own plugin settings? Are plugin settings global? oj829 Plugins 2 12-07-2012 12:33 PM
Troubleshooting Can't acess menu from settings... cam1john Amazon Kindle 2 06-07-2011 02:00 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.