Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #1
meghane_e
Groupie
meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!
 
Posts: 152
Karma: 80298
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Jose, CA
Device: Kindle moving to Kobo or Boox
cursive font on a Kindle Paperwhite?

Hello,
I tried embedding a cursive font to use on the first letter of each chapter via an EPUB to AZW3 conversion. My Kindle Paperwhite did something it's never done before: it displays an error and closes the file before I can even select a default Font (vs a Publisher Font). I think it's because I selected "Publisher font" but the device doesn't even give me enough time to switch it to a default font.

So I went back and made sure the AZW3 file is viewable in both the Calibre ebook browser and through Kindle Previewer 4. It is! The cursive font shows up in the Kindle Previewer 4 (set to Kindle eReader, Publisher Font).

The font itself is "Pinyon Script" (through Google). Here are all of the things I've tried:
0. Created a testing copy of the file. Just emphasizing for newbies, "don't overwrite your original file".
1. I used FontForge to regenerate the file and imported that version of the font into the test EPUB.
2. I set the CSS to default to 'serif', vs 'cursive'.
3. I put a copy of the same fonts file in the Kindle/fonts directory on the device.
4. Finally, I re-ran the Calibre conversion from EPUB to AZW3 with the font embedded.
5. Double checked the AZW3 file is correctly viewable in the Calibre epub browser and Kindle Previewer 4.
6. Transferred the copy to my Kindle device. I do NOT/will not use send-to-kindle. File opens and immediately closes with an error (something like "If you purchased this book from Amazon, remove and download the book again.").

Any feedback on a) if it's at all possible to view on the Kindle? and b) how I could get this to actually work?

If the only response is it's not possible, I'll eventually give up. But I REALLY would like to be able to read my book as close to how it was initially published.

Thank you for any help and suggestions!
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #2
meghane_e
Groupie
meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!meghane_e My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!
 
Posts: 152
Karma: 80298
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Jose, CA
Device: Kindle moving to Kobo or Boox
Duplicate post due to browser artifact. Delete please?
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 54,699
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You will need to ask an administrator or moderator.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cursive font


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cursive font on a Kindle Paperwhite? meghane_e Amazon Kindle 0 Yesterday 08:28 PM
Cursive font jospalau KOReader 7 10-31-2022 02:49 PM
Kindle PaperWhite font checkboxes are inactive reinsley Editor 7 11-24-2018 05:29 AM
Kindle Paperwhite Font Help Request Bartman711 Amazon Kindle 35 08-31-2013 05:46 PM
fixing a font size (on a Kindle Paperwhite) BeccaPrice Calibre 4 04-27-2013 01:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.