Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Mozilla Fennec powered by E Ink

With Mozilla soon to release the first beta of its mobile Firefox browser dubbed Fennec, what better way to spend your time than to make it work on an actual E Ink development kit? Jaya Kumar did just this, and although lack of memory seems to be a constraining factor, the browser looks surprisingly usable, definitely good enough to induce uncontrollable drooling.

[via ars technica] (thanks Mycropht for the tip!)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Wow! Amazing feat!

Hopefully, we'll get more memory soon, from manufacturers!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I wanted to mention that Jaya Kumar is one of the people who has received an iLiad from OpenIliad.com. Let's hope he can bring this great work to the iLiad community.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
jayakumar
jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: E-Ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I wanted to mention that Jaya Kumar is one of the people who has received an iLiad from OpenIliad.com. Let's hope he can bring this great work to the iLiad community.
Thanks for the push Adam. :-) Yup, its on my to-do list.

btw, I've posted some better videos here that give you a better idea of performance. Don't know why Ars used the worst looking one, ie: the first one that I posted.

Last edited by jayakumar; 01-20-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: adding videos
jayakumar is offline   Reply With Quote