Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
M-Edge Covers coming Soon!

I Sent off an email to M-Edge Support to ask them if
1: Does The 505 Cover Fit the 700
2: Are you Planning on Designing covers for the PRS 700?

Here is the Response
Quote:
Dear Roman,

Unfortunately, all the Sony Reader models are slightly different in shape and size, and thus the covers for them are not interchangeable. M-Edge has Sony Reader 700 jackets currently in production and we expect to begin selling them soon, in mid-February.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards,

Devon
Team M-Edge
I cant wait

EDIT, They are now available.
You can Buy them for the PRS-700 Here

And the 505 Here

read the review here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47041 (its currently in my sig too)

Last edited by Andybaby; 05-30-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well its Mid February, and they have Launch Day Kindle covers, and still no 700 cover in existance anywhere! so i threw off another Email to M-edge and i got this as the sad Response

Quote:
Yes we will be offering a line of jackets for the Sony 700, this will likely be April. I would suggest you sign up for our email newsletter using the link below so that you are sure to receive a notification when these are for sale. We will notify customers of sales, promotions and new product releases.

Thank you for your interest in our products!
Take care,
Team M-Edge
http://www.buymedge.com/p_contact.html

Everyone who has a 700 or not go carpet bomb their email asking for one so they dont push it back any further.

customerservice@buymedge.com is their email. Thank you if you do it, we 700 owners feel left out.

feel free to mention the disappointment you feel in Launch day covers for the Kindle 2, but not the 700 after 3 months! and none likely for another 2!

Last edited by Andybaby; 02-14-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Well its Mid February, and they have Launch Day Kindle covers, and still no 700 cover in existance anywhere! so i threw off another Email to M-edge and i got this as the sad Response
This just seems a tad like entitlement to me. This company is not required to make a cover for the Sony 700. Perhaps they are basing there product line for second and third gen reader covers based on sales of first gen model covers.

If you ran a business that sold 10x more Kindle1 covers than Sony 505 covers... would you really be in a hurry to make Sony 700 covers? If your Kindle1 sales were good as or better than expectations wouldn't you do your best to meet the demand for K2 covers?

Certainly mailing them and letting them know you have interest (or even willing to pre-order) will help. But, if they only here from a few people I'm sure their doing the math in their head.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I looked at the M-edge covers available for the 505, compared them with the BookArmor covers and factored in the wait....and then voted with my dollars for BookArmor. They aren't as attractive as what M-edge will probably have, but I'm no longer nervous about tossing my reader in my backpack for my commute.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This just seems a tad like entitlement to me. This company is not required to make a cover for the Sony 700. Perhaps they are basing there product line for second and third gen reader covers based on sales of first gen model covers.

If you ran a business that sold 10x more Kindle1 covers than Sony 505 covers... would you really be in a hurry to make Sony 700 covers? If your Kindle1 sales were good as or better than expectations wouldn't you do your best to meet the demand for K2 covers?

Certainly mailing them and letting them know you have interest (or even willing to pre-order) will help. But, if they only here from a few people I'm sure their doing the math in their head.

BOb
I would do exactly the same, but thats why im here, to show them that we are interested.

and the book armor looks stupid. if i had to back pack it, i would use it. but i breast pocket it, so i want something slim and sheek like the stock cover, but made out of leather.

I went to the arts and crafts store today with plans to make my own, but the biggest piece of leather they had was an inch too short,

I wish I had a sewing machine so i could make my own.
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
abermp
abermp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I disagree...I have a Book Armor cover and love it! And, I think it is rather sharp looking. Most importantly, you would have to do some serious damage to the Book Armor cover to damage the reader. I have been very impressed with it.
abermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by abermp View Post
I disagree...I have a Book Armor cover and love it! And, I think it is rather sharp looking. Most importantly, you would have to do some serious damage to the Book Armor cover to damage the reader. I have been very impressed with it.
but it adds bulk. the exact opposite of what i want. I want something that feels good in the hand, not slick and crappy like the stock cover.

I should really find a sewing machine and learn how to use it
Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
They've heard from me! Received pretty much the same response.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
I also had their "available mid February" email, sent to me early this month. I replied to their message, it's mid February already. I hope they make one soon, but there may not be enough demand for 700. If Kindle 2 is selling without a cover, there will be more demand for its covers for sure.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I emailed them as well and got the same message about sometime in April!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
The new m-edge covers are finally available and they look great! Check out all the colors on Amazon. Price is not bad either (on sale when this was posted).

This is making it hard for me to decide between an m-edge or tuff-luv cover.

Last edited by spirit_wolf; 05-09-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: updated hyperlink
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
The new m-edge covers are finally available and they look great! Check out all the colors on Amazon. Price is not bad either (on sale when this was posted).

This is making it hard for me to decide between an m-edge or tuff-luv cover.
Spirit_Wolf, Thanks for the information about the covers! I've been checking every now and then and was getting frustrated that they hadn't come out yet! Maybe, I'll have to buy myself a Mother's day present. . . I'm leaning towards the fuschia myself! Pink cell phone, pink camera, pink billfold, pink bookcover. . . it fits right in!!

Hey, what can I say? I like pink!
Kaz
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
pink camera, pink billfold,
Kinky
Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #14
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Kinky
You have NO idea!

Kaz
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Kinky
Um, Andy, she said billfold, not blindfold!!!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote