Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 01:16 AM   #1
scribal
scribal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th gen
Question Which version of Calibre and noDRM is compatible with Kindle Paperwhite 6th gen

I have a Kindle Paperwhite 6th generation. I'm returning to using Calibre for the first time since 2015. I'd like to back up my previously purchased ebooks (likely all in AZW3 format) and back up any future ebook purchases.

Which version of Calibre and the noDRM tools (or older versions such as Apprentice Harper, if applicable) should I use?

scribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:20 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The latest, in both cases.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 06:41 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Downloading from Amazon to PC is best & pick the PW. A PW2?
Certainly works for a PW1.
The PW only needs to be registered, not actually used.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:18 AM   #4
scribal
scribal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th gen
Smile Thanks!

Thank you for your help!
scribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 03:57 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribal View Post
I have a Kindle Paperwhite 6th generation. I'm returning to using Calibre for the first time since 2015. I'd like to back up my previously purchased ebooks (likely all in AZW3 format) and back up any future ebook purchases.

Which version of Calibre and the noDRM tools (or older versions such as Apprentice Harper, if applicable) should I use?

Version 10.0.9
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 04:04 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Version 10.0.9
10.0.3 works just as well, if you use Download & Transfer. 10.0.9 is only really necessary if you use Kindle for PC/Mac.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:59 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
10.0.3 works just as well, if you use Download & Transfer. 10.0.9 is only really necessary if you use Kindle for PC/Mac.
10.0.9 works on some KFX where 10.0.3 will not. Also 10.0.9 works on the new Adobe DRM as well as the old Adobe DRM. 10.0.3 only works on the old Adobe DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:15 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
10.0.9 works on some KFX where 10.0.3 will not. Also 10.0.9 works on the new Adobe DRM as well as the old Adobe DRM. 10.0.3 only works on the old Adobe DRM.
Download & Transfer doesn't use KFX. And I've never run into the new Adobe DRM yet.