Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2023, 03:51 AM   #1
Toni Garrido
Toni Garrido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre 5.13 don't recognize my Peperwhite

I just updated Calibre to version 5.13 and it does not recognize my Kindle Paperwhite purchased in November 2022. I have another paperwhite purchased in 2018 and this one does recognize it.
With the previous version of Calibre I had no problems.
My operating system is Windows 10 and it recognizes the e-reader when I connect it, but Calibre does not.
What I can do?

Acabo de actualizar Calibre a la version 5.13 y no reconoce mi Kindle Paperwhite comprado en noviembre de 2022. Tengo otro paperwhite comprado en 2018 y este si que lo reconoce.
Con la versión anterior de Calibre no habia tenido problemas.
Mi sistema operativo es windows 10 y reconoce el e-reader cuando lo conecto, pero Calibre no.
Que puedo hacer?
Toni Garrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The current version is 7.2 in 2023 (only for 64 bit computers )

You need a Calibre version released AFTER the date of the Paperwhites firmware..

You just need to update Calibre (use the official site only ),
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2023, 06:18 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Garrido View Post
I just updated Calibre to version 5.13 and it does not recognize my Kindle Paperwhite purchased in November 2022. I have another paperwhite purchased in 2018 and this one does recognize it.
My operating system is Windows 10 and it recognizes the e-reader when I connect it, but Calibre does not.
What I can do?
If it's Windows 10 32-bit, you'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit if your system supports 64-bit. But if it is Windows 10 64-bit you'll have to make sure it the current version and then install calibre 7.2. From there, install every new version that's released to keep yourself updated.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-16-2023 at 06:56 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:20 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
What I can do?

Acabo de actualizar Calibre a la version 5.13 y no reconoce mi Kindle Paperwhite comprado en noviembre de 2022. Tengo otro paperwhite comprado en 2018 y este si que lo reconoce.
Con la versión anterior de Calibre no habia tenido problemas.
Mi sistema operativo es windows 10 y reconoce el e-reader cuando lo conecto, pero Calibre no.
Que puedo hacer?
Necesitas una versión actualizada de calibre posterior a Noviembre de 2022. Prueba con la última versión (7.2)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:38 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
. . .

What I can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What OS are you using? If it's Windows 7, then you'll have to upgrade to at least Windows 10 64-bit. If it's MACOS and you cannot upgrade, then you'll need a new Mac.
Can't you read yet, better find a new kindy.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2024, 03:59 AM   #6
Toni Garrido
Toni Garrido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Issue solved.
With version 7 of Caliber everything works perfectly.
Thanks for your cooperation

Tema solucionado.
Con la version 7 de Calibre todo funciona perfectamente.
Gracias por vuestra colaboración
Toni Garrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 05:11 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Issue solved.
With version 7 of Caliber everything works perfectly.
Thanks for your cooperation

Tema solucionado.
Con la version 7 de Calibre todo funciona perfectamente.
Gracias por vuestra colaboración
As long as you are able to upgrade calibre, you should upgrade every time a new version is released,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote