Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2023, 10:14 AM   #1
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
After install Screensaver hack, My jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite bricked

Hi,

I have jailbroken my Paperwhate 3 with the recent LanguageBreak and everything was fine.

Today I decided to get rid of the original screensavers and I followed this guide to put 5 screensavers and put a "random" empty file there:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ht=randomizing

After restarted framwork form Kual, Kindle stuck at the starting screen with "randomizing screensavers" text.

I can plug USB cable and read the files inside Kindle. And I deleted the "random" empty file but it didn't help. Now it just stuck at the startup loading screen without "randomizing screensavers" text.

Anyone coould help please?

Edit: After a while, the screensaver images I put into it actually show up. As long as i press power button, it will show the loading screen and get stuck again.

Last edited by lowsense; 11-04-2023 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added some new info.
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:59 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Try deleting the actual screensavers, too.

Barring that, try tripping a factory reset (can't remember the exact filename, something like DO_FACTORY_RESTORE, a search should help).

The SS hack hasn't been tested on anything that actually supports screensavers natively (I'm probably going to enforce that at the install level).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #3
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Try deleting the actual screensavers, too.

Barring that, try tripping a factory reset (can't remember the exact filename, something like DO_FACTORY_RESTORE, a search should help).

The SS hack hasn't been tested on anything that actually supports screensavers natively (I'm probably going to enforce that at the install level).
Thanks!

I created an empty file named DO_FACTORY_RESTORE and put in the root of Kindle directory. Then I did a hard restart by holding the power button long enough. Kindle restarted with everything reset!

Thank you so much for the help!
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 07:15 PM   #4
rickynetcl
rickynetcl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
happend the same but Kindle was in a reboot mode permanently, cant connect to pc,now getting a usb serial to unbrick
rickynetcl is offline   Reply With Quote