Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2023, 06:49 AM   #1
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Oasis
My kindle oasis is not accepting the new books from Calibre!!

Hi, this past week I have been having issues with my Kindle oasis dealing with my new fanfics and Chinese novels

If I try to upload old books it works but the new ones aren't showing in the Kindle even if they are supposed to be there.

Is really, really frustrating!!! Help please!!

Be well, Monica
MonicaOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 07:08 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
What format are those new books in?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2023, 07:09 AM   #3
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
What format are those new books in?
Both mobi and epub.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:10 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindles can't read epub, and mobi is an old, outdated format. Convert your books to azw3.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:12 AM   #5
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Kindles can't read epub, and mobi is an old, outdated format. Convert your books to azw3.
Oh, well they have worked all the time, and calibre converts my epub to mobi all the time. Is been a week or so that I have had this problem.

Also, old mobi and converted epub files are getting there, is just the new ones from this last week that aren't working.
Advert
Old 10-31-2023, 07:13 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Well, try with azw3. It's a better format than mobi in any case.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:29 AM   #7
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Well, try with azw3. It's a better format than mobi in any case.
Thanks, I'll give it a go!!! I'll let you know what happens!! Be well
Old 10-31-2023, 09:38 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaOP View Post
Hi, this past week I have been having issues with my Kindle oasis dealing with my new fanfics and Chinese novels

If I try to upload old books it works but the new ones aren't showing in the Kindle even if they are supposed to be there.
Are you using "Send to Kindle" (email or website both now only accept very clean epub), or direct USB cable (works better, but you need epub to azw3 conversion on Calibre)?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 11:11 PM   #9
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Are you using "Send to Kindle" (email or website both now only accept very clean epub), or direct USB cable (works better, but you need epub to azw3 conversion on Calibre)?
I'm using USB cable, and it worked for the fanfics that I downloaded from AO3 in EZW3, but is not working for the novels I downloaded from Web to Epub, and is weird 'cause is happening only with the new novels, and if I send older novels they do show up in my kindle.

Thanks for the help!!.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:30 PM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaOP View Post
I'm using USB cable, and it worked for the fanfics that I downloaded from AO3 in EZW3, but is not working for the novels I downloaded from Web to Epub, and is weird 'cause is happening only with the new novels, and if I send older novels they do show up in my kindle.

Thanks for the help!!.
Did you convert those epubs to azw3?
Old 11-01-2023, 12:02 AM   #11
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Did you convert those epubs to azw3?
I did, but is not working . I really have no idea what's going on!!
Old 11-01-2023, 12:08 AM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

You sent them directly from Calibre? Try to save the azw3 to your computer outside Calibre (using Save to Disk feature) and drag-and-drop the file from there to the Documents folder on your Kindle. Did it show up now? This is to ascertain whether there's something wrong with your Calibre settings or the files themselves.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:33 AM   #13
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Quote:
You sent them directly from Calibre? Try to save the azw3 to your computer outside Calibre (using Save to Disk feature) and drag-and-drop the file from there to the Documents folder on your Kindle. Did it show up now? This is to ascertain whether there's something wrong with your Calibre settings or the files themselves.
I have to say I have no idea how to work the files with the Kindle without Calibre!!

I have never used another way to put documents there, I'll try!!

EDIT: It worked!!! Who knows why is that is not working with Calibre, but tons of thanks Sirtel!!! hugs!! Be well!!!

Last edited by MonicaOP; 11-01-2023 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:19 AM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Check the allowed document types and their order when Kindle connected to Calibre
1) Under Device -> Configure this Device
2) Send to Device -> Set default action

Maybe you have some incompatible formats and the wrong order. AZW3 should be top and only azw3, mobi, kfx and pdf enabled.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:06 AM   #15
MonicaOP
Connoisseur

Well, things now are working while I upload the documents directly to the documents in the kindle oasis, but why is this happening?
I wish I knew what's going on!!
Thanks for all the help!! Be well!! Monica