Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 12:32 AM   #1
vanessabluellie
vanessabluellie began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to change text font in the "File Preview" of Calibre E-book Editor?

Hello!

I was wondering how to change the font of the text in the File Preview panel of Calibre E-book Editor.

I tried going to "Preferences" and then changed the font for "Serif Text" in the tab labelled "Preview Settings". But rather than changing to the font I selected, it always just kept changing to Arial...

I even tried to change all three fonts to the one I wanted, but it still came out as Arial :'(

Please view the attached image for reference

Thank you!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-05 150033.png
Views:	83
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	204126  
vanessabluellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:47 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I'd try another font version
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2023, 03:40 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Also try restarting the editor - I've had instances of editor preferences not taking effect until I close and open the editor.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IIRC those font settings are ONLY USED if your book only calls calls a Generic face (Serif, sans...) or the font is unavailable to the viewer(fallback)

I suspect your stylesheet calls for Ariel

You basically canceled the differences by setting them all the same.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote