Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-10-2023, 07:58 AM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Couple of things

I forgot how I was told to fix the issue of the ebook reader being able to use the text to speech voices I have. The older versions of calibre work ok. The new ones dont. The new version cant see the voices I have installed.

The second issue I am not sure can be fixed. I own several text to speech voices, I bought from two different companies. The text to speech voices from one company work as they should. No issues.

The text to speech voices I bought from the second company create small issues.

With the viewer open, and the text to speech voices enabled, the voice works ok, BUT the viewer itself acts strange. It flashes to the beginning of the chapter I am on briefly ever time there is a pause in the voice reading the text. Once the voice starts speaking again, it goes back to the place in the book I am reading. Any ideas??
tym is offline   Reply With Quote