Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 06:23 AM   #1
peperfus
peperfus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Updating koreader broken

Hello
First of all, sorry for bad english.
Second, great job all developers. Thank you very much.

I installed koreader in PW.
I had backdoor ota locked with this
So, I connected PW to wifi, and looked for updates in Koreader.
I then updated, but ... at same time (yes, I know was my fault) I was installing block ota updates with this.

So ... While koreader was updating, the script blocking ota updates rebooted my kindle...

And koreader disapeared from kual. I tried deleting koreader directories from / and extensions and copying it again, but nothing happens.
I think I have to do something like "clean uninstall" to reinstall it again.

Anyone can help me ?

I have kterm installed, can execute commands. I have some basic linux knowledge.

By the way ... how can I enable ssh access over wifi?

Thank you very much.
peperfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:21 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can just reinstall KOReader manually, there's nothing fancy going on there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2023, 04:40 PM   #3
peperfus

Thank you for your answer.

I have done it and it works. But it happens again. When I update koreader, it does its things, download update and so on, but something is rebooting again my PW in the middle of the update. What is doing that and why?

I have 2 PW:
PW1 and PW2
PW2 koreader is working well, updating ok.
PW1 reboots while updating koreader.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Unless you're launching KOReader in "no framework" mode, where I'm not sure anybody has ever tested an OTA (not that I could think of anything weird with that), no idea, really.

(I also haven't actually daily-driven a Kindle in years, so I wouldn't really know anyway ;o)).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:09 PM   #5
peperfus

Ok, I got it.

What I did:
I deleted folder: extensions/renameotabin
Updated koreader

And it finished updating ok.

Koreader was started normal mode, no no-framework (koreader version I had hadn't that option). Maybe a possible bug?. No idea.

Well, thank you very much for your answers,
Good night !
Advert