Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-04-2023, 10:00 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Text to Speech........

So I have 4 text to speech voices I own and Love. Calibre 6.13 ebook reader simply cant find or use them. The last version of Calibre 6.11 is the last version of Calibre that can Find and Use the 4 text to speech voices I installed.

I tested everything after 6.11 and No luck, wont work.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:42 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do a search for "TTS" in the Viewer subforum - there are several recent threads that offer solutions.

What OS do you use, and what are the sources of the voices you prefer to use.

And I'm going to move this to the Viewer subforum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2023, 10:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to Preferences->Tweaks click plugin tweaks, add

prefer_winsapi = True

there. Then restart calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 05:59 PM   #4
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to Preferences->Tweaks click plugin tweaks, add

prefer_winsapi = True

there. Then restart calibre.
Oh.......Ok. Will give that a shot. See what happens. Thanks
Old 03-11-2023, 11:19 PM   #5
gentlemagic
gentlemagic began at the beginning.

Device: PC Windows 10
Can you guys support 32bit - SAPI5 voices please
gentlemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2023, 12:52 PM   #6
tym
Connoisseur

I dont wanna start a new thread so hoping this gets seen. I have another question. I have my calibre ebook viewer keyboard shortcuts set up in a way that works great for me. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to stop the viewer from reading out loud and hope one day they offer a key board shortcut to simply toggle the read out loud option on or off.

So I got it figured out how to stop it reading out loud by using the esc key, which I have set to a keyboard shortcut on my number pad. One button starts the reading outloud, and the one next to it stops it reading out loud. For the life of me, I dont remember how I did it?? I have my settings backed up, so everything is working as it should, but a friend of mine wants to set up theres like mine.

So is there a file in the settings that I can turn into text so they can set theres up like mine, or I can export and send to them so there keyboard shortcuts are just like mine?

Sorry this is so long. Just trying to explain what I want to do. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Most settings are already sorta text (open in any programming type editor, like Notepad++, for a parsed, pretty view). Just never SAVE if you peek.
I think this is the one you want
Code:
viewer-webengine.json
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 03:31 PM   #8
tym
Connoisseur

Thank you so very very kindly.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:24 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ctrl+s (for speak) is the default shortcut for toggling read aloud and it can be changed in the viewer preferences under keyboard shortcuts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote