Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-21-2023, 09:29 AM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Tolino Shine 4 bricked

After a firmware update, my Tolino Shine 4 got stuck after the reboot and only displays a triangle with an exclamation point and the word "Error."
When I long-press the power button after a while the white LED starts to blink every 2 seconds or so, but the error image doesn't go away and no recovery menu is shown.
Is there any other method to activate the recovery mode?
Or is there any other method that activates a device mode that'd allow me to access the Tolino with ADB?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:04 PM   #2
hk4fun
hk4fun began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Viso, Kindle Keybord 3g, Kindle Touch, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
After a firmware update, my Tolino Shine 4 got stuck after the reboot and only displays a triangle with an exclamation point and the word "Error."
When I long-press the power button after a while the white LED starts to blink every 2 seconds or so, but the error image doesn't go away and no recovery menu is shown.
Is there any other method to activate the recovery mode?
Or is there any other method that activates a device mode that'd allow me to access the Tolino with ADB?
Try see if you can get it on fastboot, you can find instructions here.
hk4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2023, 04:50 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Recovery:
Turn off device
Press until the LED has flashed twice, then release.
Then press again for a few seconds - 1 flash - omit and wait.
Then the recovery menu should appear.
Swype from left to right goes up.
Swype from right to left to bottom
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote