Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-19-2022, 12:52 AM   #1
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
Actions and Column

why it is impossible to bind the action "Book View" V, to a custom column with the Date type. Mark the date of viewing. I mean, by default, embed all such functions on the columns, and let the user choose what to do ... Otherwise, you have to program some complex chains of actions
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:08 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I use the attached non-official plugin for that. It needs a custom column created this way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap0874 2022-11-19, 03_05_39.png
Views:	67
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	197864
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auto Datestamp and View.zip (1.3 KB, 46 views)
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2022, 01:58 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Its in the JobSpy plugin. Scroll down to the bottom of the Configuration window and look for Update Last-Viewed Custom Column Automatically.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 02:14 AM   #4
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Its in the JobSpy plugin. Scroll down to the bottom of the Configuration window and look for Update Last-Viewed Custom Column Automatically.

BR
last time I tried JS for that, my emblem rule that sets an icon in cover grid for opened books (#lastopened -> is set) wouldn't update instantly. That's why I resorted to the one I mentioned...
Old 11-19-2022, 02:15 AM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you're asking again about the action chain I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you used the Action Chain I provided, I said to use #lastread.
If you're using 'V', you also need to unbind the default View action first.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2022, 02:21 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
last time I tried JS for that, my emblem rule that sets an icon in cover grid for opened books (#lastopened -> is set) wouldn't update instantly. That's why I resorted to the one I mentioned...
Personally, I stopped using Job Spy because I preferred to bind it to a specific action— JS would change the date for any 'view' action, even opening a secondary format from the MDE. (That said, I bind my chain to 'R', to stand for 'read', and leave V for regular viewing.)
Old 11-19-2022, 02:28 AM   #7
Comfy.n

Quote:
If you're asking again about the action chain I posted:

If you're using 'V', you also need to unbind the default View action first.
oh, that's nice! in addition to "last viewed/opened", a "times read/viewed" column, it seems.

I will try this method and see how it goes

Apparently, the OP hasn't tried that, so far...
Old 11-19-2022, 02:31 AM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
oh, that's nice! in addition to "last viewed/opened", a "times read/viewed" column, it seems.

I will try this method and see how it goes

Apparently, the OP hasn't tried that, so far...
I don't use times read myself - I made the chain for Fynjisx.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:09 AM   #9
Comfy.n

Quote:
I don't use times read myself - I made the chain for Fynjisx.
That's brilliant! I've just tried it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap0876 2022-11-19, 05_07_41.png
Views:	69
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	197866

Old 11-19-2022, 03:13 AM   #10
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Old 11-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #11
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
Quote:
and you can also suggest useful tricks in JS +
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote