Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 09:24 AM   #1
jmanko16
jmanko16 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad
E-ink E-reader and iOS/iPad app help! Need a new workflow/devices that sync well!

I currently have an original PW, and also read quite a bit on iPad/iOS. I have all of my books organized onto Calibre and run Calibre-web front end on my server.

I am looking for an app an e-reader support with the following:

Needed:
-sync position between iOS/iPadOS/e ink device
-ability to export annotations
-epub support

Wanted:
-opds support to use Calibre-web with
-adjustable font margins
-export annotations to markdown

I had actually given up on my Kindle PW and went Apple Books for epubs but iOS 16 Apple Books no longer allows export of highlights/annotations. Going back to kindle app, the sync works great between iOS and kindle, but I've had a lot of issues trying to get epub to work (requires Calibre reformat and losing chapters etc). I have tried multiple apps (kybook 3, Marvin, BookFusion etc) which all had issues (old and not updated or BookFusion seems overly expensive and no kindle app. Pocketbook seems to be the perfect fit, and was considering replacing the kindle PW with the pocketbook ERA but the sync of pocketbook and iOS/iPadOS devices seems just broken. Also some reports that maybe the annotations don't sync between e ink and iOS.

Are there any apps out there I should try for iOS iPadOS (and then I can look for matching e ink device)?
Anyway to get Koreader to sync with my iOS/iPadOS (I did get it working on my jailbroken kindle, but seems very finicky and not sure how to sync to iPad/iPhone)?
jmanko16 is offline   Reply With Quote