Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oasis Won't Index While Sleeping

I recently loaded a lot of books onto my Oasis. I figured it would take a couple of days to index them. I kept checking on the progress and I noticed that when the device was sleeping, it was not indexing. I'd check it in the evening before bed and when I woke up it had the same number of unindexed books. I know this wasn't the behavior in the past. Has something changed? It took forever to index everything as I had to keep waking it up.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Which firmware version number?

Except on recent versions it is possible to disable sleep.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I hate how they disabled the sleep function
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I hate how they disabled the sleep function
Yet another reason to jailbreak.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote