Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
5.14.3.2 firmware update

I have a KT4W8 with 5.14.2 firmware and the JB. I believe I have it sufficiently protected with the renameota KUAL extension and am preparing to go online with it for the first time to add it to my account and configure settings that require it be registered.

Has anyone updated to 5.14.3.2 firmware and confirmed that the JB remains intact? As this is the worst case I can think of if the measures I have taken are insufficient, I would like to know in advance if possible that it can be recovered from. I would think that all that would be necessary would be to apply the hot fix again, but it would be nice to have that confirmed in advance.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:14 PM   #2
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Yes, it stays intact. Make sure you are on the latest hot fix version before updating, however.

(Did it for my PW3 and KOA3)
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcatalex View Post
Yes, it stays intact. Make sure you are on the latest hot fix version before updating, however.

(Did it for my PW3 and KOA3)
My KT4W8 came with 5.13.6 so I used WatchThis, updated to 5.14.2 and then used the hot fix update from there. So I believe I have the latest hot fix applied. I guess I will need to apply it again if something goes wrong and I get updated.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:31 PM   #4
lightmaster
lightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
Not sure how, but my Airplane mode got disabled and updated from 5.13.4.0.1 to 5.13.4.2, and now it won't let me "update" to the hotfix. Whenever I copy the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin" to my kindle and eject it, I get a message that says "Update Error An invalid update file has been loaded on your device."

I can still run ";log mrpi" and I get the message at the bottom of the screen that says "Hush little baby...". Am I screwed or is there a path from here back to jailbroken?
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #5
matan129
matan129 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
Not sure how, but my Airplane mode got disabled and updated from 5.13.4.0.1 to 5.13.4.2, and now it won't let me "update" to the hotfix. Whenever I copy the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin" to my kindle and eject it, I get a message that says "Update Error An invalid update file has been loaded on your device."

I can still run ";log mrpi" and I get the message at the bottom of the screen that says "Hush little baby...". Am I screwed or is there a path from here back to jailbroken?
I'm in the exact same situation. Have you found a solution?
matan129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2022, 02:14 PM   #6
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Hotfix is probably outdated and needs to be regenerated for the new firmware version - what happens if you put the hotfix in mrpackages and attempt to install it via ;log mrpi?
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 04:05 PM   #7
lightmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
Hotfix is probably outdated and needs to be regenerated for the new firmware version - what happens if you put the hotfix in mrpackages and attempt to install it via ;log mrpi?
Didn't know you could do that. Will try and let you know.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:13 PM   #8
lightmaster

It did load up the installer, threw up some quick messages, and rebooted; however KUAL still gives an Application Error.

mrpi log:
Code:
[2022-08-27 @ 16:10:46 -0400] :: [MRPI r18896] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.16.N I) . . .

Package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.16.N I) is not targeting your FW version [!(2443670049 < 3867620003 < 3838640002)] skipping . . . :(

Last edited by lightmaster; 08-27-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #9
hunterliao29
hunterliao29 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KO3 PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
however KUAL still gives an Application Error.
Reinstall KUAL by put KUAL install file in mrpackages, and run ;log mpri
hunterliao29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #10
lightmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterliao29 View Post
hey, that seems to have gotten it. KUAL is now opening. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:46 PM   #11
matan129
matan129 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterliao29 View Post
Yep, worked for me as well! Thanks
matan129 is offline   Reply With Quote