Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 05:23 AM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
PocketBook Basic Lux 2?

I think my HD3 has finally turned up its toes. I'm about to go on a long road trip and may need to buy a replacement ASAP.

My PB options are limited (due to my location) to basically another HD3 or a Basic Lux 2.

I don't need colour.

Is there much difference between the two (apart from storage)?
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
...My PB options are limited (due to my location) to basically another HD3 or a Basic Lux 2.
Is there much difference between the two (apart from storage)?
The Basic Lux 2 has a 212 dpi screen (instead of a 300 dpi one) and it doesn't have a touch layer, so everything depends on the buttons. It also has less RAM, 256 MB instead of 512 MB. And it has a single core CPU instead of dual core.

Sorry to hear about your HD 3. It seems like you've had a lot of problems with it.

Also the Basc Lux 2 uses 5.x software release and I don't think it will work directly with Overdrive. It doesn't look like it's going to get the 6.5.x release.

Last edited by rcentros; 07-13-2022 at 08:14 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 04:11 PM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The Basic Lux 2 has a 212 dpi screen (instead of a 300 dpi one) and it doesn't have a touch layer, so everything depends on the buttons. It also has less RAM, 256 MB instead of 512 MB. And it has a single core CPU instead of dual core.

Sorry to hear about your HD 3. It seems like you've had a lot of problems with it.

Also the Basc Lux 2 uses 5.x software release and I don't think it will work directly with Overdrive. It doesn't look like it's going to get the 6.5.x release.
Thanks for that - it explains why it was so much cheaper than the HD3.

The good news is that the HD3 is back. I'm not sure what its issue was but it's back now. Phew.

Despite the issues I've had with it (I now can only use Dropbox to upload to it), I really love the little device. So, if it does blow up, I'll probably get another one (and not a Lux 2).

Thanks again!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote