Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-03-2022, 06:27 PM   #1
cwdavi1
cwdavi1 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
sync to phone problem

I'm running Calibre 5.43 x64 on a W10 PC and use Calibre Companion on my Samsung A71 5G to read books.

I have a 20 GB Calibre library on my PC. I managed to very slowly wirelessly transfer 14 GB to a 512 GB SD card on my A71 but can no longer connect with wifi or a USB cable even when I select wireless device/don't sync books. The initial connection starts ok but then times out, possibly in generating the book list to send to the phone. Error message at end.

I've searched for a solution but could not find one.

My ebook structure on my phone is sdcard/Books/title-author(id) so I guess I need to change that to something like sdcard/Books/A/Asimov/title.

I'm debating abandoning Calibre Companion and just exporting the library directly then copying it to the sdcard. I read books with fbreader but it wouldn't be easy to navigate 20 GB of books plus then I'd have to Manually copy any new books to the phone.

I've read suggestions to try Calibre Sync but I'm not sure if that's the way to go.

Please point me in the right direction. Periodically I add books to Calibre on my PC and need a way to automatically sync to the phone.

Thank you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Device closed the network connection

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 678, in _receive_from_client
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 594, in _read_string_from_net
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 579, in _read_binary_from_net
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 548, in _books
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 59, in _synchronizer
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1299, in books
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 59, in _synchronizer
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 658, in _call_client
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 694, in _receive_from_client
calibre.devices.errors.ControlError: Device closed the network connection
cwdavi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:46 AM   #2
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdavi1 View Post
I'm running Calibre 5.43 x64 on a W10 PC and use Calibre Companion on my Samsung A71 5G to read books.

I have a 20 GB Calibre library on my PC. I managed to very slowly wirelessly transfer 14 GB to a 512 GB SD card on my A71 but can no longer connect with wifi or a USB cable even when I select wireless device/don't sync books. The initial connection starts ok but then times out, possibly in generating the book list to send to the phone. Error message at end.

I've searched for a solution but could not find one.

My ebook structure on my phone is sdcard/Books/title-author(id) so I guess I need to change that to something like sdcard/Books/A/Asimov/title.
Just do so first.
This is known issue.

See https://web.archive.org/web/20170904...=95&artlang=en how to do so.

I use {first_author:%1.1s}/{first_author}/{title} - {authors} as template

(you can add {id} if you want - my template doesn't include {id} because Wireless Device Sync and Content Server/Cloud Connection use different ids for some reason)
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert