Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
USB connection on kindle while I'm using koreader?

Hello everyone, I've noticed that while I'm using koreader on my kindle I can't connect the kindle to my computer using USB, I think it just starts charging the kindle, no data connection, so I have leave koreader to connect to USB then enter koreader again, which takes a while on the kindle.

I know I can use ssh to transfer files but sometimes I'd rather use USB.
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:42 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Don't connect USB while KOReader is open. Otherwise you can damage files.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2022, 05:43 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that we should be neutering USBMS safely, so you *should*, in theory, be able to safely charge your device.

No data connection, though, and that's on purpose (it's a technical limitation, the only platform where we support that is on Kobo).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:52 PM   #4
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
Ooh I see, so it's impossible, thanks for the explanation.
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:37 AM   #5
mireq
mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mireq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Theoretically it's possible to use wireless device connection from calibre using USBNet hack if this condition is removed.

I have tried to write plugin, which automatically connects to calibre after plugging USB cable.
mireq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mireq: I guess https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9104 might be of interest here when it lands .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote