Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2022, 03:46 PM   #1
Krios
Connoisseur
Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Epub font problem in firmware 4.32.19501

Today i updated to new firmware, but i have problem with all fonts, both sideloaded and original.

When i exit the book by going to the main menu, line spacing get messed up, ("picture 1" is my default line spacing, "picture 2" is what spacing looks after) only solution is to change font to another one, then change to preferred one again.

Another thing i noticed is that font name also get messed up, it should be written in selected font.
("picture 3" is how it should look, "picture 4" is how it looks after)

First i thought it may be patches fault, but it is happening without patches too.

Please help.

Edit: Noticed yet another thing, when going advanced font settings "Lorem ipsum dolor" text should also be written in selected font (picture 5), but after exiting book it defaults to something else (picture 6).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	705.0 KB
ID:	193690   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	754.4 KB
ID:	193691   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	193692   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_4.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	193693   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_5.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	193698   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic_6.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	468.6 KB
ID:	193699  

Last edited by Krios; 05-07-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
It sounds to me like you have a corrupt database. 4.31 was good at sometimes corrupting the database if you side load.

If you use Calibre, use Kobo Utilities to check the database.

If the database is corrupt and you have a recent backup (from Kobo Utilities), copy the database over the existing one.

If you do not have as recent database backup, you can log out and log back in. That will start the database fresh and everything will be removed. Before you do this, copy the contents of the user partition to your computer and you can copy the eBooks back once you've logged back in.

If you use Calibre, you can repopulate the series, collections and other data.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 07:37 PM   #3
Krios
Connoisseur
Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.Krios is no ebook tyro.

I was on 4.30 before. It's not corrupted database. I have reset to factory settings few times already, and have also manually updated again (few times) in case update was currupted somehow, but i still have the same problem.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried a different side loaded font in case it's something wrong with your copy of Bookerly?
Old 05-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #5
Krios
Connoisseur

Also tried Literata, Georgia, Caecilia, Minion Pro, it doesn't matter if it's sideloaded or it came with Libra 2 it happens with every font i tried.

I just tried kepubs, and fonts work normally, problem is only with epubs it seems.
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember there is also a new fonts database

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #7
Krios
Connoisseur

I have downgraded to 4.30, no problem there, upgraded to 4.31 also no problem, upgraded again to 4.32, and the problem starts again, kepub fonts work as intended, while epub wont, no matter what i do.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
I have downgraded to 4.30, no problem there, upgraded to 4.31 also no problem, upgraded again to 4.32, and the problem starts again, kepub fonts work as intended, while epub wont, no matter what i do.
Try the following. Make sure you are running 4.32. Remove all of the side loaded fonts. Reboot. Then try ePub with the Kobo provided fonts and see what happens. If it works, side load each font one at a time and try each font until you have the problem again. Maybe it's something to do with one of your side loaded fonts.

I use ChareInk and it works with no problem with ePub on 4.32 on my Libra 2.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:35 AM   #9
Krios
Connoisseur

I have tried all that, with clean 4.32 install, i even downloaded few epubs instead sideloading them from PC, i didnt even sideload any fonts. As i said it's also happening with fonts that came with the reader.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Please.. can we keep discussion of what you've done to one and only one location?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:09 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
I have tried all that, with clean 4.32 install, i even downloaded few epubs instead sideloading them from PC, i didnt even sideload any fonts. As i said it's also happening with fonts that came with the reader.
Are you sure you do not have a directory nsmed fonts with 4.32?
Old 05-08-2022, 12:34 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

What exactly did you do to factory reset?
Old 05-08-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
Krios
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure you do not have a directory nsmed fonts with 4.32?
Yes, i'm sure.

Quote:
What exactly did you do to factory reset?
Settings>Device Information>Factory Reset
Old 05-08-2022, 12:58 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Don't do a factory reset. Do a manual reset. Here are the directions.

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...Kobo-Libra-H2O'
Old 05-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #15
Krios
Connoisseur

Quote:
Don't do a factory reset. Do a manual reset. Here are the directions.

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...Kobo-Libra-H2O'
Thank you, tried it just now, same problem as before, i think i will just downgrade to 4.30, and wait for the next update.