2 heads 4:3 1 5.26%
2 heads 10:9 5 26.32%
Super wide or HDTV 2 10.53%
As many as I have 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sigil desktop use

We all seem to work with Sigil in different ways (UI) as seen by questions and screen shots. So I though I would do a poll (and the developers might get more ideas)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Everything I do on a computer is with a single 4k screen.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #3
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
I have two, but it doesn’t really affect how I use Sigil, because I don’t detach any of the windows from it.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:24 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
I have two, but it doesn’t really affect how I use Sigil, because I don’t detach any of the windows from it.
Ditto - I run apps that I interact with, like Sigil, on a 24" Dell monitor.

Because it has a 'paper mode' setting I have an elderly 17" Eizo 1203 for 'reading'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Super wide or HDTV are not the same thing.

When I use Sigil, most of the time it's on my 2560x1440 17.3" laptop screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Super wide or HDTV are not the same thing.

When I use Sigil, most of the time it's on my 2560x1440 17.3" laptop screen.
I realize, that. It was a catchall for some of the edge cases.

I used to do desktop relocation projects in the Silicon Valley: Many tech firms have 2 monitors per tower (or a Laptop+22"). That seemed to have become the norm there.
Most I ran across was 4 heads on one guys desk. A small percentage had both in portrait mode
Old 03-12-2022, 06:19 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I realize, that. It was a catchall for some of the edge cases.

I used to do desktop relocation projects in the Silicon Valley: Many tech firms have 2 monitors per tower (or a Laptop+22"). That seemed to have become the norm there.
Most I ran across was 4 heads on one guys desk. A small percentage had both in portrait mode
HDTV could have been a single answer such as a 1080p monitor/TV. And it would also have been good to have a 4k monitor/TV. And then given that there are now more laptops with 3k displays, how about 3k screen.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-12-2022 at 06:21 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:17 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Stop it Jon. Take part in the poll or move along. I've no time for your pedantic nit-picking.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:01 PM   #9
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One reason I never detach windows: on Mac anyway, detached windows disappear when the app loses focus. Out of curiosity, is it a limitation of Qt, or something similar?
Old 03-12-2022, 08:25 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
One reason I never detach windows: on Mac anyway, detached windows disappear when the app loses focus. Out of curiosity, is it a limitation of Qt, or something similar?
This does not happen on Windows.
What does happen id ANOTHER app gets focus, the children can drop underneath the active app. clicking on any child (or parent) brings them to the surface
Old 03-12-2022, 09:00 PM   #11
phillipgessert
Addict

I think thats just a better way of describing the same behavior on Mac. The windows don’t disappear permanently, they just lose visibility until focus is restored to the main window. I’ve figured that’s just a function of how window management works for Sigil, but was curious since the topic had to do with multi-monitor (thus presumably some degree of multitasking) anyway.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:44 PM   #12
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have 2 screens. One is rotated to portrait mode (vertical) and the other is in landscape mode (regular/wide). The portrait mode one has the main sigil window with the editor. The landscape mode monitor has the preview window, and the output of validation / epub check window.

I would like to be able to move the find and replace panel to the top of the tabs window so it's close to all of the other stuff up there.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:11 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I think thats just a better way of describing the same behavior on Mac. The windows don’t disappear permanently, they just lose visibility until focus is restored to the main window. I’ve figured that’s just a function of how window management works for Sigil, but was curious since the topic had to do with multi-monitor (thus presumably some degree of multitasking) anyway.
If the child is on top of an inactive window, it stays there. Does not matter which monitor.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:14 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I have 2 screens. One is rotated to portrait mode (vertical) and the other is in landscape mode (regular/wide). The portrait mode one has the main sigil window with the editor. The landscape mode monitor has the preview window, and the output of validation / epub check window.

I would like to be able to move the find and replace panel to the top of the tabs window so it's close to all of the other stuff up there.
Funny. when 1 of my monitors was still 4:3, I used that in Portrait for the Preview (and a floating Spell check as needed)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:06 PM   #15
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
I have two monitors, both 1920 x 1080. When using Sigil I mostly just move the app from one monitor to the other depending on what I am looking at. I leave the windows docked.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote