Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2022, 09:30 AM   #1
rebeccazh95
rebeccazh95 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unable to send book to kindle

Hi, I was trying to send some books to my Kindle Paperwhite (7 Gen) a few days ago and kept getting an 'Error Communicating with Device' message.

This is the full error message:

calibre, version 5.36.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'E:\\documents\\Arthur, Keri'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 331, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 891, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 223, in makedirs
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'E:\\documents\\Arthur, Keri'

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried the 30s reboot of the kindle, uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre, and updated my Kindle too.
rebeccazh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a reset of your kindle. Or reformat the E: drive assuming that is indeed the kindle's drive on your computer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert