Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Downloading Metadata not including comments.

Calibre 5.35 with updated plugins.

After downloading metadata on a title, I select the entry for the title that is the best match, or has the info I want.

But when it returns to the Metadata screen, the comments have not been transferred. (book description/summary/reviews)

This has only started in the last 2-3(?) days.

I was using Calibre 5.31.1, but don't remember if I saw this occurrence before updating to 5.35.

I am not sure if some preference has changed, or its a bug. I have not changed any preferences.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_001_28012022_075743.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	191955   Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_002_28012022_075756.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	191956  
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Click the Configure Download Metadata button

The first screen (level) applies to All/any sources. Note the ticks to the right.
(I dislike bulk Tags, so I remove the tick, no need to fine tune below)

BUT Kovid allows us to Cherry Pick and provides us with a button at the bottom that allows us to choose what source provides what part of the data.
I prefer Series from 'A', Comments from 'C', so I select "A" from the list, then click the button,

You also get to change the Cover source Priority
Remove ticks from the list on the left that are not likly to benefit, it speeds up retrieval.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Quote:
Click the Configure Download Metadata button
At first I was not sure what you were talking about.
As I did not see that on either of the 2 screens I attached.
Eventually I opened Preferences and saw Metadata Download and checked it.
I then saw what you were talking about, but knew about that and had set that up years ago.

BUT I also saw on the top on the right, that "Meta Fields to Download" had Comments unchecked.
Not sure how that happened, as I said I had not looked at Preferences in Months.

EDIT: Found it. Back in November 2021, I was having trouble with Goodreads plugin (getting to much info, a bug fixed by 5.31.1) and one of the people trying to troubleshoot the problem suggested unchecking Comments in Preferences to see if that solved the issue. Its probably been off since then, and since I don't get metadata too often I never noticed it before.

Last edited by JohnnyBook; 01-28-2022 at 01:29 PM.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AFAIK All the MDE screens have the button, it just moves around.
But Preferences is a great place to look (most settings seem to have multiple ways to get to the SAME goal)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata download