Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
Teeg
Avid Reader
Teeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE, Kobo Forma
Exclamation Calibre Search/Replace not working with latest update on Mac

After updating Calibre to version 5.35.0 on my MBP running Catalina 10.15.7 this morning, I've discovered that I can no longer Find and Replace for multiple listings, at least for titles (I haven't tried any other options). As an example, I have some books that have the author's name along with the book title in the title column and I want to remove it. So I click "Edit metadata in bulk", select Title as the area to search through, and add the name I want to remove. I don't want anything in the replace column, so I leave it blank.

Calibre fills in Book 1 under the test section with the book that was highlighted when I clicked "Edit metadata," and I see that the settings are correct, so I click either "Apply" or "OK" (I've tried both).

Before, this is when Calibre would run through the entire book list, finding all the books with the term I'm searching for, and fix them.

Now, Calibre fixes the *one* book that it showed me as an example, and leaves the rest.

There's not really a way to not have a book selected that I've found...even clicking in the Search box leaves the last book you'd clicked on highlighted, so as far as I've found, there's not a way to test if Find/Replace would work if there wasn't a preselected book to fix.

System: MBP running Catalina 10.15.7
Calibre: 5.35.0
Teeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to operate on multiple books you need to select them by holding down the ctrl or shift key and clicking on them. Once you have selected multiple books, the bulk metadata edit dialog will work on those selected books. If you want to work on all books, press ctrl+a to select all first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 07:42 AM   #3
Teeg
Avid Reader
Teeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE, Kobo Forma
Ahh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks!
Teeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 5.35, mac os 10.15, search & replace