Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
bleopaskom
bleopaskom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Post Converting PDF to EPUB and automatically creating popup footnotes

I use Abbyy to convert PDFs to EPUB, and the conversions are almost perfect.

When I open some of these converted epubs into Calibre, all the footnotes are linked and pop up correctly in the editor. The rest of the converted epubs do not have any linked footnotes, and to fix I would have to manually link each and every one of them.

Do I have to do something in Abbyy first?

Is there a Calibre addon that can help link them automatically?

There was maybe something about exporting to Word and fixing it there, or using Sigil, or just making use of Toxaris ePUB-Tools, but I don't really understand how to do it.

A step-by-step guide would be appreciated.

Thanks!
bleopaskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hello,
Welcome to MR!

I answered your post in this thread. If you don’t get a response in a reasonable time you can ask a moderator (anyone who’s name is in green) to move it to a more correct forum. They tend to frown on duplicate posts.

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert