Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-13-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
jma1
Connoisseur
jma1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Epoch Times recipie request

Could this new recipe be customized to add byline author and date, and pictures with captions? I tried doing that in a separate recipe but results were poor as the top and side and bottom banners kept coming through.

This news website has both free and paid logins that affect what is visible in web browser, however, a lot of full article content appears in the recipe download. I only have a free account if that matters. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: recipe test epoch_1074.recipe (931 Bytes, 117 views)
jma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...3a33e6fe9eff0a
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
jma1
Connoisseur
jma1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Looks great.

I was able to remove 'bottom_row' in author byline and reduce font of the byline and featured picture caption. They appear a bit small in the calibre viewer but ok on my kindle. Could not see the caption tag for in-line photos so those remain same font as body.

Thanks much!
Attached Files
File Type: recipe test epoch_1074r1.recipe (2.0 KB, 92 views)
jma1 is offline   Reply With Quote