Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 02:47 AM   #1
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Boox Air 2: anything REMOVED or DOWNGRADED?

Boox Air 2: anything REMOVED or DOWNGRADED?

I was going to buy an Air but may just skip straight to the Air 2.

But I know that it's not uncommon to add some features but take others away (esp to help pay for the new features).

Does anyone happy to know if they've removed/downgraded anything in the Boox Air 2?

I probably won't be able to look at one before I buy.

Last edited by LivresInOz; 10-30-2021 at 02:50 AM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
According to the table here

they are only added: more ram, bigger SD.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2021, 12:47 AM   #3
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
According to the table here

they are only added: more ram, bigger SD.
That's good cos I just got one !
Definitely 'splashing out' in my case.

Such a big purchase, will I even have the guts to USE it?
Old 11-05-2021, 01:25 AM   #4
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

I just noticed the comparison table misses two crucial pieces of data which are the tip-the-scales reason I went for Air 2:

* Better stylus apparently
* Preinstalled screen protector (I hate applying them)

Voja's (My Deep Guide) main critique of 1 was that the writing experience was pretty bad out of factory. But he said it was almost as good as Supernote once you used it with a good stylus and S.P (I posted WHICH pen here).

So I'm hoping the above combo will make it good out of the box.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:05 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenji View Post
* Preinstalled screen protector (I hate applying them)
Every layer worsens the contrast - that's why I would never swap my Note Air (1).
You can clearly see the contrast difference to the Nova 2 in Voja's Nova Air video.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2021, 09:20 PM   #6
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
I am guilty, ordered Air 2. Can’t resist despite of having too many readers already. I like my new animal in zoo, Nova 3C, especially because there is Android and also better interface, but i found I need something bigger than 7.8”. I still have one 9.7” Kindle DX but it doesn’t fit my need anymore: battery is dead and screen is not good enough.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote