Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Problem with rendering html exported highlights

Hi,
I can't understand what's going on with Evernote...
While the older html files with extracted highlights are rendered correctly in KOReader, when I open the new ones, I see the page code (as below) and not only the title and the highlighted texts.

However, I can see those new html files being rendered correctly on the computer.

Am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2021-07-27_215126.png
Views:	158
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	188386  

Last edited by ichnilatis; 07-28-2021 at 09:23 AM.
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:09 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
Hi,
I can't understand what's going on with Evernote...
While the older html files with extracted highlights are rendered correctly in KOReader, when I open the new ones, I see the page code (as below) and not only the title and the highlighted texts.

However, I can see those new html files being rendered correctly on the computer.

Am I missing something?
Probably. Html files are rendered correctly in both Coolreader and MuPDF engines (as correct as we can get).

Did you rename the files in clipboard?. There's no fancy file type recognition here. The app opens a file based on its extension. So if you rename "yourBook.html" to "yourBook.txt" the engine will open the plain text that's inside the document.

See attachments.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	128
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	188404   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	132
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	188405   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	137
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	188406  
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2021, 08:38 AM   #3
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

No, I didn't rename it.
The same file (with .html extension) is rendered in KOReader like your 2nd attached image and in the computer browser like your 3rd attached image.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Open with shenanigans, perhaps?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then no idea. Could you attach a sample html file that shows its source code when you open it in KOReader?
Advert
Old 07-30-2021, 09:24 AM   #6
ichnilatis
Groupie

This is an example with random highlights, with which the same problem occurs. (remove the .zip extension)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Williams Rowan.html.zip (1.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 07-30-2021, 09:55 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
This is an example with random highlights, with which the same problem occurs. (remove the .zip extension)
I can reproduce the issue with that file and CRengine. Cannot reproduce with any of my highlights/annotations but I don't read greek

Could you open a ticket?

In the mean time you can setup KOReader to open html files with MuPDF, which is unaffected by this issue.

Long press any html document and setup as attachments (clicking "open with")
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	132
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	188424   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	131
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	188425  
Old 07-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Possibly similar to an issue that was opened a while ago where the character encoding detection in CRe was doing wonky things?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The HTML document is a bit… incomplete, shall we say. Just make sure in the code somewhere that it sticks a <!DOCTYPE html> on top.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:49 AM   #10
ichnilatis
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
In the mean time you can setup KOReader to open html files with MuPDF, which is unaffected by this issue.

Long press any html document and setup as attachments (clicking "open with")
Yes, I've already tried it.
So, do I have to open an issue in github?

Thank you!
Old 07-31-2021, 10:04 AM   #11
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Yes, I've already tried it.
So, do I have to open an issue in github?

Thank you!
There's no need. @Frenzie's suggestion fixes your issue. Addressed in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8040
Old 12-13-2021, 05:51 AM   #12
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Hi, I'd like to open the exported highlights html in the default reader of my Boox device (to make handwritten notes), but its engine seems to be very picky. Would it be possible to add html and body tags to the template? Thanks!
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslengyel View Post
Hi, I'd like to open the exported highlights html in the default reader of my Boox device (to make handwritten notes), but its engine seems to be very picky. Would it be possible to add html and body tags to the template? Thanks!
It sounds like you wish to modify how your Onyx Boox device functions, if so you could address that better in the Onyx Boox Forum.

Otherwise; you would be fixing the html document itself.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #14
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your reply. What I'd like to see changed is note.tpl in koreader's exporter plugin, which was already changed by @Frenzie earlier (#11).
Of course, I can edit the files one by one, and that's what I do now. But since this is a recurring scenario for me, it would be easier automatically to have "correct" files.
What I don't know is whether there is some specific reason making it necessary for the exported files not to contain html and body tags.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #15
zslengyel

Meanwhile, I realized I could create a copy of the plugin in the Android-readable folder and use this instead. Problem solved.