Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Sick as a dog, looking to buy a new ebook reader.

I'm sick as a dog. I pulled my Sony 500 out of my pocket today and the screen was half dead. Nearly had a heart attack. Came home, looked up Mobileread and rapidly found out all about damaged substrates and all the nasty, nasty things that can go wrong. Sick. As. A. Dog.

So I'm in the market for another machine, dammit, barely six months after I bought my last unit right here in the Flea Market. I will live and learn and cherish and protect my new unit, wherever it may come from.

I may simply opt for a new 505 or something similar that I can order new internationally, but on the other hand I'm very willing to entertain offers of REASONABLY PRICED Sony 500 models in excellent condition.

I'm based in Taiwan, hence shipping outside both the US and Europe. I've been on Ebay, of course, where the only internationally shipped machines are very often either outrageously priced or bidded up to the point where you wonder who on Earth is buying the 500 when for the same money they could buy a brand new 505 and have it shipped to them from a reputable company. One does wonder.

Anyway, enough griping. I've done business here before, so if anyone has a machine lying around they don't use anymore, do let me know.

And I can be contacted directly at garymgibson (at) gmail dot com.

Last edited by garygibsonsf; 12-16-2008 at 08:12 AM.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can turn in your 500 to Sony for $100 off of a new 505. Also, Sony is having a sale on the 505 at the moment. So with turning in your 500, you'd pay less then $200 for a 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can turn in your 500 to Sony for $100 off of a new 505. Also, Sony is having a sale on the 505 at the moment. So with turning in your 500, you'd pay less then $200 for a 505.
I'd heard about that, but had rather assumed that was a non-broken 500 for a rebate on the new machine, in US stores. I also don't know whether it extends to the UK or not. Do you happen to know one way or the other?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
ericjohnson1981
ericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litterericjohnson1981 doesn't litter

Device: free
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But cheer up, things like this happen.
ericjohnson1981 is offline   Reply With Quote