Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Reading apps that work with .acsm/Files

IOS reading apps that is.

I’d like to be able to download an .acsm file, open that with some app using Adobe RMSDK, and save or move that to Files (and whenever I get back to the desktop, de-DRM).

There may not be one; I just was hoping to avoid having to do this on desktop all of the time (I have yet to install ADE on there).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've not tried it, but you could try Adobe Digital Editions for iOS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2021, 11:34 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
IOS reading apps that is.

I’d like to be able to download an .acsm file, open that with some app using Adobe RMSDK, and save or move that to Files (and whenever I get back to the desktop, de-DRM).
Have you tried Bluefire Reader? It can (or could at one point) supposedly handle .acsm files.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, handling .ascm files is not the issue, it is being able to export the .epub file somehow to iCloud or whatever. Thanks for the reminder about Bluefire.

Looks like PocketBook Reader is another one to try.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Bluefire Reader seems to work. I can access its storage with the Files app and move/copy the epub file to a cloud location.

PocketBook looks like it would have worked as well, but also a lot of other features I don’t need.
Advert