Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
CaptOzone
CaptOzone began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Error in script on 0.4.113 - 64bit Ubuntu

Hello,

I tried to install the 64 bit version of Calibre, and received this error message:

root@abcmachine:/opt# sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download_linux_binary_installer').read(); main()"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 106
BAR = '%3d%% ${GREEN}[${BOLD}%s%s${NORMAL}${GREEN}]${NORMAL}
^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string

Thanks,

DCM
CaptOzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
oops should be fixed now
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
CaptOzone

I can install it now, but when I go to run it I get the following:
$ calibre
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/update.py", line 15, in run
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 87, in urlopen
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 203, in open
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 338, in open_http
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 868, in endheaders
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 740, in _send_output
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 699, in send
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 683, in connect
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 498, in create_connection
IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
File "/tmp/init.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1425, in main
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 141, in __init__
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/status.py", line 181, in __init__
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/status.py", line 66, in __init__
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/status.py", line 25, in __init__
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/status.py", line 35, in setPixmap
ZeroDivisionError: float division

Let me know if its the program or me.

Thanks,

DCM
Old 12-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you on a 64 bit machine?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
CaptOzone

Yes - ubuntu 64bit. I've use the 64 bit version in all earlier released, and had no problems installing it.

I tried to install a Windows version on another machine, but when I clicked on the installer, it said "File not Found"

DCM
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
CaptOzone

I tried agin, and now the installer runs, but I get this:

sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download_linux_binary_installer').read(); main()"
Enter the installation directory for calibre (Its contents will be deleted!)[/opt/calibre]:
Downloading calibre...
100% [================================================== ====================]
Extracting files to /opt/calibre ...
Extracting application files...
File "/tmp/init.py", line 41, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtCore.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: libgthread-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

DCM
Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the windows installer should be back up. Unfortunately the build process as changed, so it's possible the new linux binary doesn't work on 64bits any more.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
CaptOzone

Is there any plans to get the 64bit version working again?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah, if someone is willing to give me ssh access to their 64bit box
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
yamasculia
yamasculia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Kovid,

Well done for creating calibre, very impressive piece of software.

If you haven't been able to get access to an x64 Linux box I'd be happy to assist. I too am having the above issue.

Steve
yamasculia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ssh access would be helpful PM me the login details